Quality Assured Patent for Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical and Medical inventions through rigorous Total Quality Management
- No Obligation
- No Legalese
- Free & Easy
- Quality Assured
- In-Depth Evaluation
- We try our best for you – Client first service, Quality Assured Patent.
- We don’t compromise; we don’t limit patent scope. We ensure large patent scope that maintains higher value in future, while preventing vulnerability to obviousness attacks.
- We diligently and meticulously prosecute patents. We protect invention in multiple comprehensive ways – protection from different perspectives safeguards your invention.
- We understand your invention quickly – you spend less time explaining your invention; we spend more time exploring your invention in-depth, considering all the examples, boundaries & limitations.
- We are exclusively Patent focused – we practice nothing but patent law, so no distraction.
- We strive for Quality Assured Patent on Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, and Medical inventions using many years of ECE, CS, and Engineering experience and rigorous Total Quality Management.
- Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) and Computer Science (CS) background.
- 20+ years of R&D and Engineering experience at start-ups, high-techs, and corporations. Built Test and Measurement Devices, Optical Spectrum Analyzers, OTDR, PMD and CD instruments as R&D Engineer.
FREE In-Depth Initial Consultation by Email, Phone, Meet, Zoom, Teams, WebEx or in-person
We communicate using your preferred method. Click to reach us right now.
- Is it patentable, an abstract idea, a formula, or a product of nature?
- Is it public or obvious? Is it publicly available, or prior ideas be easily combined, substituted, or tried in obvious way?
- Should I file provisional or non-provisional application?
- Should I file utility or design application? What is the filing process?
- How about rejections, objections, reexamination, or appeal?
Easy 15 second Form to Get Free Consultation with Patent Attorney
- No Obligation
- No Legalese
- Free & Easy
- Quality Assured
- In-Depth Evaluation
We get back quickly. Average response time 1 hour, max 12 hours.
Protected by Google reCAPTCHA – Privacy and Terms.
Why us? We try our best for you:
- Less time explaining invention – we get it quickly.
- Diligently prosecute patents – explore invention in-depth, considering all the examples, boundaries & limitations.
- Don’t compromise – don’t limit patent scope.
- Prevent vulnerability to obviousness attacks on patent.
- Ensure large patent scope that maintains higher value in future.
- Protect inventions in multiple ways – protection from all perspectives to safeguard invention.
- Exclusively patent focused – so we understand it better.
- Client first service – customized, innovative and creative solutions.
- Quality Assured Patent for Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, and Medical inventions using many years of ECE, CS, and Engineering experience and rigorous Total Quality Management.
Client Testimonials about Our Services
The patent attorney has helped us with two patents. What impressed us the most is his expertise in both technicality and law. Our previous perception of working with patent lawyers was that they may do a good job in filing and negotiating, but when it comes to drafting and especially the iterations of revisions, it takes a lot of time and effort to explain to them and reach an agreement. In this case, he has the technical background comparable to that of the inventors, so we only needed the extent of details sufficient to communicate with a co-inventor/colleague. In particular, in the process of drafting, he was clear about the key point of each claim and how the system works, and able to make the modifications to satisfy the filing requirements. When later we had to revise the claims a few times, he always managed to make the best trade-off possible that addressed the patent examiner’s challenges, while not hurting the scope and value of the invention. With the complexity already time-consuming for us (as required by filing a patent), he could even maintain a turnaround of a day or just several hours.
Moreover, his helpfulness was also reflected in the sense that he made us convinced and understood the rationale of each decision point, instead of just making the changes on his own, so that we as the inventors can be synced and participate to achieve a better outcome. In the long term, what we’ve learned from him, the legal aspects and best practices, will facilitate our future research and production of inventions, as we were not well aware of these before.
Overall, during the whole process of both patents, we never felt that we were trying to “use” a patent lawyer, but just interacting with another co-inventor, in terms of: ownership, hard work, knowledge and ease of communication.
L. Zhao (Carleton University, Canada) and M. Mannan (Concordia University, Canada)
More about Patent, us and our services
Faculty & Grads
Our Sample Patents
Password triggered trusted encryption key deletion
A method of evaluating secrets in a computer system’s trusted execution environment, wherein after evaluation of secrets, a securely stored encryption key is either retrieved or deleted upon entering corresponding secret (password, graphical password, biometric information, data sequence, security token, etc.) or secrets. Deletion of the encryption key can happen in a verifiable manner or in a non-verifiable manner. If a storage is encrypted with the encryption key, deletion of the encryption key makes the encrypted storage irreversibly undecryptable, while retrieval of the key permits decryption of the storage. Two encryption keys can be used to encrypt two separate storages, and then securely stored and processed in the trusted execution environment. Each of the two encryption keys can be retrieved using one or more associated secrets (passwords, etc.), and one or more other secrets would delete the encryption key associated with a preselected storage.
Protection system and method against unauthorized data alteration
A system for protecting user-editable files against unauthorized data alteration or against compromised operating systems or compromised applications. It comprises of untrusted operating environments and a trusted operating environment. One or more untrusted operating environments makes available user-editable files for creation and editing, and are stored in a non-protected partition of storage drive. The trusted operating environment provides an authentication key to access protected partition of storage drive, and stores copies of user-editable files in a protected partition of storage drive. Each new stored copy of a user-editable file in the protected partition corresponds to a new or an updated version of the user-editable file. A set of files and folders can be initially selected in an uncompromised untrusted operating environment. A trusted updater module running inside the trusted operating environment can perform copying to protected partition. Scheduled tasks can also copy user-editable files. Untrusted operating environment can also be suspended prior to triggering the trusted environment.
Ask questions about filing patent
- 3 Tips to ensure Patentability of your invention
- Is my invention patentable – is it a process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter? Is it a patent ineligible abstract idea, law of nature, or natural phenomenon? Is it significantly more than an abstract idea with additional elements?
- Is it still possible to patent after publication? Was the invention published or made publicly available more than 1 year ago?
- Can prior inventions be easily combined, substituted, tried in obvious way, or applied using known techniques to produce predictable results? Does that make my invention obvious and not patentable?
Ask questions about patentability of your invention
Is my invention patentable? The invention is patentable only if it falls in one of these 4 categories: (1) a process; (2) a machine or device; (3) a composition of two or more matters; and (4) a tangible article resulting from manufacturing process. Ask more…
Is my invention too abstract? If the invention is not an abstract idea, a formula, a law of nature, an abstract process, a discovery in pure science, a natural phenomenon, a product of nature, or a similar abstract idea or item of nature then it is not patentable. Ask more…
Questions about patent filing and prosecution process
What is the patent process? Getting a patent involves the following steps (Ask more…)
- Check if the idea is patentable. Also check if somebody has already publicly disclosed the invention. This requires searching existing patents and other publications.
- Draft the patent application. This is the most difficult part, as it requires a lot of skill, particularly to draft the legally enforceable claims part of the patent application.
- File the patent application with Patent office, like US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Respond to Patent office rejections and objects in timely manner. Patent examiner most of the times comes back with rejects to patent application, usually because the invention is obvious (35 U.S.C. §103) or already publicly disclosed (35 U.S.C. §102). Patent application is abandoned if those rejections are not responded with proper legal arguments.
- In the end, if the patent application is granted, pay the patent issue fee to the patent office. After issue fee is paid, the patent will be officially issued and you would have enforceable patent rights.
Questions about provisional patent application
Should I file a provisional patent application? File a provisional patent application through an experienced attorney only if you need to expedite the process by some days, not to save money. Ask more…
Does provisional patent application cost less? In the long run provisional patent application costs more, because a non-provisional patent application has to be filed within 1 year of the provisional patent application. The fees and expenses paid for provisional patent application becomes an additional expense. Ask more…
Can provisional patent application cause problems? A quickly filed provisional patent application without thorough review can cause problem later when filing non-provisional application, as somethings required disclosures, description, examples and drawings are not included. A thorough review of the invention after searching prior inventions and considering the legal claims can reveal required disclosures, description, examples and drawings. If these are not included in a provisional patent application, but later included in a non-provisional patent application they are considered new subject matter, and can only get the filing date of the non-provisional patent, which is typically about 1 year after the provisional patent filing date. Ask more…